TouchFeeds is a Google Reader application and is releases by SanchezApps.
“TouchFeeds is a Google Reader app that connects you with the websites you love. Easily navigate your feeds and articles with sliding panels. Read articles the way you want with customizable font sizes, color schemes, the ability to fetch the full text for articles, and an offline mode that lets you read anywhere.”
*You will need a Google reader account to use this application, if you do not want to set a Google reader account you will not be able to use this app.*
This application allows your to link to your google reader account, and then see your feeds on the Touchpad in a nice to read list of articles.
Once the articles are synced with your google account you can start to read. The subscriptions are should in any folders you have created in Google Reader.
TouchFeeds also allows you to add to your google feed list within the application.
You can also select to share links via email, sms and twitter, or export to read it later or Instapaper (via Paper Mache).
The user interface is good and has an instruction page for the icons when it load.
On the upside:
- Clean and clear interface
- Lots of preferences to select from.
- Exporting is well supported.
- Has the useful options of downloading articles to read offline.
On the downside:
- I would have liked an easy way to link to the original web page.
- I prefer linking my google accounts via Google pages rather than a username and password in the app.
- Sometimes freezes in the sync, and you will need to close and open to get the sync working.
Overall, this is a very good Google reader application. The article are displayed in a nice and clean way. The export options make this a challenger to NomNomNom. I still have to give NomNomNom the edge at the moment, but Touchfeeds is less laggy browsing the articles then NomNomNom. So it is a close run thing.
Size: 3.6 MB
Price (at time of review): £2.38
Link: TouchFeeds – SanchezApps