Candy Town is an item matching game and is released by Clickgamer.com.
“Like a kid monster in a candy shop… Take on the role of a cute, cake-munching monster in Candy Town, the match-three game just bursting with sweetness. Match the colored cupcakes as they appear, put together big combos for a ton of points.”
Candy Town is a very simple game, you need to try and match as many coloured cakes as possible before the movement of the columns cut the connections that you have made.
As the game progresses the linking becomes more difficult with more columns, more colours and faster movement added.
The game offers three game modes:
- Story – Complete a number of matches within a time limit to move onto the next stage.
- Flash – Get the best score possible within a time limit.
- Endless – Select from 3, 4 or 5 rows (columns). More a practice mode, that never ends.
To make this a little more interesting a few things are added like “wild card” cakes and the odd power up (like being add to freeze the screen), however, their do not really counter the repeation of the game.
The game is controlled by dragging your finger across the cup cakes trying to match them before the link is broken by the movement of the cakes. You can also tap on some of the power ups to trigger them.
The graphics and sound are both nice with a cute “hero”, but nothing outstanding.
On the upside:
- Universal App.
- Fun to play for very short periods (Casual gaming)
On the downside:
- Very repetitive game play. Highlight a group of cakes (repeat, repeat, repeat)
- Nothing we have not seen before.
Overall, this game is too repetitive to shine. I found playing the flash mode from time to time was fun, but the story and the endless mode were just dull. It is not really a game I can recommend, as it did not appeal to me. Very casual gamers may find something here, especially at 69p.
Size: 17.8 MB
Price (at time of review): £0.69