Here are some of the headline that grabbed the attention this week.
- Apple reports fourth quarter results – Massive profits even with the iPhone 4S not included.
- Apple sells 4 million iPhone 4S’s in opening weekend.
- AT&T see tremedous demand for the iPhone 3GS as it is now free with a contract.
- Apple announces iOS 5 tech talks world tour.
- iPhone 4S and Siri gets first TV ad.
- Empty Newsstand gets a record number of magazine app subscriptions.
- Apple pushing hard to get users to update to iOS 5.
- Rumour: Apple Testing a 7 inch tablet (unlikely in my view)
- Order and Chaos Online gets hacked, Gameloft say to change your Gameloft account passwords.
- Soiul Calibur is coming to iOS.
- Merlin coming to iOS.
- Goodreader adds iCloud support.
In other tech news:
- Samsung and Google launch Galaxy Nexus with 4.65 inch screen.
- Amazon addresses privacy on Silk browser (if you don’t want the extra speed, switch off server caching)
- Andy Rubins says “Apps should not be tablet specific” and “Phones should not be an assistant.”
- Foxconn rumoured to be working on Kindle Fire 2 already.
- Samsung gets into more hot water using an iOS screen shot on its own website.