Glow Hockey HD is a table hockey game released by Natenai Ariyatrakool.
This game offers a very playable version of air hockey.
Game modes include:
- Tournament – Savable one player game, go up levels against hard opponents.
- Single player – Stand game with a selection of four difficulty levels (easy, medium, hard and insane.)
- 2-player Mode – First to 7 wins.
There are lots of settings on offer. The game also offers several background styles to match your mood, including a realistic looking air hockey table rather than all the glowing effects, as well as changing the colours of the paddles and puck.
The AI is fairly good with easy being slower and making some dumb mistakes and the insane being lightning fast and almost no mistakes.
The game is controlled by using your finger to drag around the paddle and then the speed and direction is controlled by the speed and direction of your paddle on contact.
The graphics of the table is good and I like that you do not need all the glows and sparkles if you want to get rid of them. There is no music, and the sounds are mainly chirps and blips.
On the upside:
- A nice version of table hockey.
- Very fun and playable.
- Lots of options.
On the downside:
- The glow is a little bit too much, so you find yourself changing backgrounds.
- A little more could have been made of the tournament mode.
- Lack of music.
Overall, this is a very good digital version of table hockey, and if you like that it is well worth a look. The lack of music and a single player with some feeling of achievement does let things down a little, but otherwise and fun and playable game. If you have two players on the same device I cannot fault it.
Size: 21.4 MB
Price (at time of review): £0.79