3D Pool Master HD is a Pool and Snooker simulator game released by Noumena Innovations Ltd.
This game offers two forms on Pool and Snooker all in one package and even has built in multiplayer, which is lacking in many Touchpad titles.
Game modes include:
- Tournament – Play 9 Ball, then 8 Ball and finally Snooker to win the Tournament.
- Single player – vs. AI – 9-ball, 8-ball, Snooker and Mini Game (Trick Shots, based on number of attempts)
- Puzzle Mode – Basically trick shots. (Infinite goes)
- 2-player Mode – Against another player (pass and play) – 9 ball, 8-ball and Snooker.
AI can be set to Easy and Hard, which is a shame, as a “Normal” level AI would have been a nice option.
There are several options and preferences available to change the look of the game, including Sound, Music, Table and Cue. However, it lacks the ability to change your name.
The game is controlled by using the on screen buttons to change the view, direction of the cue and the power.
The graphics of the table and balls are good, if a little blocky. The sound and music are both fair.
On the upside:
- Good pool game.
- Lots of play options.
On the downside:
- Getting angles and spin are tougher then they should be.
- Some options missing, like changing the player names.
Overall, this is a very good digital version of Pool with a bonus of Snooker as well. However, the engine for the game does need a few tweaks to improve the overall gameplay. This game has some many options that it is well worth the 79p, but without the playability I still find it hard to recommend.
Size: 17.3 MB
Price (at time of review): £0.79