Sudoku Rush is a twist on the Sudoku game released by Hothead Games Inc.
“A unique twist on the Sudoku game which takes number puzzles to the next level! Sudoku RUSH will give you hours and hours of fun, and puzzle solving challenges.”
The idea of the game is based on a standard Sudoku game, with the 9×9 grid, split into 9 grids of 3×3 sections with random numbers filled in. You then need to solve the grid by entering numbers between 1 and 9. The numbers to use in the game come down the waterfall and you can drag them onto the grid to use them.
As you solve the puzzle you will be awarded coins (coins also fall down the waterfall from time to time)
There are several upgrades that you can buy with the coins that you earn, these can give bonus points and hints to completing the puzzle. Upgraded numbers will come down the waterfall with different look, of lines and sparkles around them.
- Single Puzzle – The standard game
- Action – A time limit to get a correct number onto the board, run out of time and it is game over.
- 3 strikes – Three errors and the game is over.
Sudoku Rush offers 200 free puzzles, so you will get plenty of time to try out of the game and see if it is worth making an in-app purchase.
The game is controlled by dragging your number tiles out of the waterfull onto the Sudoku grid, you can also click on the grid and enter possible numbers using an onscreen number pad that appears.
The graphics and sound are good, but for nothing outstanding.
On the upside:
- Well designed Sudoku game
- Fun to play
- Various power ups that help in the game.
On the downside:
- In-App purchases are a little on the expensive side (£2.99 for 2,000 puzzles, £6.99 for 10,000 puzzles)
- The number pad does not open and close as easily as I would like.
- You have to wait sometimes for the correct number to come down the waterfall. (although you can change the speed of the waterfall with the slider.)
Overall, this is a nice twist on the Sudoku game. It works well in some ways, but not quiet in others. If you are looking for a Sudoku game this is well worth a look.
Size: 18.1 MB
Price (at time of review): Free [with in app purchases for additional levels]