Here are some of the headline that grabbed the attention this week, and there has been a lot.
- Apple Reset their Beta iCloud offering in readiness for iOS 5 release.
- Apple continue to move away from Samsung as they continue to sue for copying.
- Apple board member Al Gore confirms iPhones will be out in October.
- Apple iOS (via Skype) and Lion (PDF Trojan) show security flaws this week.
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro X and offers 30 day free trial.
- Apple launchs online store in 4 new countries.
- Apple donates 9,000 iPad to impoverished schools.
- iOS suffered an In-App purchase outage, stopping purchases for several hours in the US.
- Rumour: Apple event due 5th October (so no September music event this year.)
- Rumour: Nuance Speech-to-Text in iOS 5.
- In-App purchases continue to increase.
- iOS Users are the most faithful.
- Epic Unreal Engine 3 games coming to the Mac.
- EA’s Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 free for a few days.
- ShadowGun due for release on September 28th
- Jelly Defense due for release on September 29th
- The ZX Spectrum finds a new home on iOS as Elite Systems continue to release more titles.
In other tech news:
- HP let Leo Apothker go as CEO, and he leaves $25 million better off.
- HP name Meg Whitman (former Ebay chief executive) as the new CEO.
- HP say no change of direction, but considering options at the moment.
- HP lay off 525 employees from the webOS division.
- Amazon holding a special event on September 28th – Possible release of Kindle 7 inch tablet?
- Facebook refocus on sharing music and videos – To slow the rise of Google +
- Rim Playbook production halved again.
- Rovio Mobile plans to move into publishing games.
- Android Market place suffers from Fake games giving Android users more to complain about.