NomNomNom for Google Reader is an RSS reader (Google Reader) application releases by Tibfib.
*You will need a Google reader account to use this application, if you do not want to set a Google reader account you will not be able to use this app.*
This application allows your to link to your google reader account, and then see your feeds on the Touchpad in a nice to read list of articles, which are layout out in the folders and feeds you have set up within Google Reader.
Once in the articles are synced with your google account you can start to read. The folders are shown like a book shelf with paper files on it, you can click on the file, and it opens with papers showing the name of the feed and its icon. However, I just press the All section and read all the new articles.
NomNomNom also allows you to add to your google feed list within the application.
You can also select to share links via email, sms and twitter, or export to read it later or Instapaper. You can also view the original article via a web link on the article.
The user interface is very good and easy to get the hang of. No “unnecesary” buttons and options.
On the upside:
- Clean and clear interface
- The abilty to switch between list and column views is great.
- Looks of preferences to select from.
On the downside:
- Column view may have been better with two columns instead of three.
- I prefer linking my google accounts via Google pages rather than a username and password in the app.
- The drag icon on the article is almost black (hidden in the black bar) should have been white.
Overall, this is an excellent Google reader applications. The article are displayed in a nice and clean way. The links to Instapaper and read it later give it the edge for me over Tea Reader (my previous favorite). NomNomNom, is now my default RSS reader for the Touchpad as it works best with my workflow. A must have for Google Reader users.
Size: 11.7 MB
Price (at time of review): £2.38