Peppa Pig’s Party Time is a selection of linked mini games released by P2 Games Limited.
This application contains a group of linked mini games in which you plan and then run Peppa Pig’s birthday party. The games are linked as you can get photographs of the six mini games and place them into a photo album of the event.
The game offers three profiles when you load the game up, so each child should be able to create their own unique party, without another coming along and wiping it.
Each game has a little bit of animation to tie the sections of the mini games together. You can play any game you wish or you can play them in order. Each game can be quit at any time by pressing the door icon in the bottom right.
The mini games are as follow:
- Invitations – single player, select a card, place wording and images, then post them : 70%
- Making Party Bags – single player, select a bag, decorate with stickers and fill with goodies : 65%
- Let’s Make a Cake – single player, bake and design your cake with icing and decorations: 78%
- Musical Chairs – a four player game, tap to keep your character moving until the music stops. : 68%
- Pass the Parcel – a four player game, tap your character to move the parcel along : 65%
- Pinata – a four player game, take it is turns to break, and then a made dash to collect the coins : 70%
The photo book is a nice addition to the game, but seems to lack any real control over the content, some of the images seem like “stock photos” and do not change, but you will be able to see the invites, bags and cakes you made. It would be nice to have the option to take a photo to add a moment you wanted to into the available photos.
The games are well design and explain to the user what to do next. My daughter learnt all the games without having to asked how things worked.
The graphics and sound are very good. Fans of the Peppa Pigs cartoons will be happy that the visuals and sounds match those of the cartoon.
On the upside:
- Good use of the Peppa Pig license
- Very nice mini games for younger children to play.
- Multiplayer for the party is a nice touch.
On the downside:
- It is a shame that the party games do not have a number of the players selectable, as my daughter liked playing the game on her own as well.
- Would be nice if you could select when the photos for the album are taken.
Overall, I liked this game, it is nicely designed and makes good use of mixing the games, story and animation together. My children really enjoyed it, and I did not get the iPad back for almost two hours. It is certainly aimed more at the 3 to 9 age range. The voice and graphics are all well done and as my daughter is a big fan of Peppa Pigs she was very happy with the application.
Size: 19.3 MB
Price (at time of review): £2.99