Here are some of the headline that grabbed the attention this week.
- Apple release iOS5 beta 5 to developers.
- Apple stops developers from selling their iOS 5 beta slots.
- Apple release Xcode 4.1.1 – makes use of beta updates.
- Apple TV gets a big update adding iCloud and TV show purchase support.
- Apple start to roll out 90 sec song clips on iTunes internationally.
- iCloud prices unveiled – 5GB: Free, 15GB: £14 a year, 25GB: £28 a year, 55 GB: £70 a year.
- Rumour: Mac OS and iOS to merge in the future.
- Rumour: Apple to launch iTunes Replay.
- Rumour: iPhone 5 (Between Sept 15 and Oct 1)
- Square Enix have a (up to 50%) sale
- Microsoft OneNote now available outside the US.
- Rage HD gets iPad 2 optimization.
- Cut the Rope Experiments released.
- Gun Bros now includes a gun that costs £350 in real money.
- Skype released for iPad.
In other tech news:
- HP cut the price of the Touchpad (£333 16GB, £399 32GB), offers $50 app catalog credit to early adopters in US, but nothing currently to international buyers.
- webOS 3.0.2 now out for Touchpad, several improvements made.
- Pre 3 could be coming to the UK in September.
- Google getting into trouble over copyright infringements.
- Console developers and manufacturers looking at the advances in mobile gaming.
- Android has another run in with Malware.
- Twitter improve web interface.
- Developers complain of Amazon’s free app of the day policy. No revenue and more work.