toodleTasks HD is a task management system released by Prodisoft.
This review is based on version 1.1.1 which was released today.
When you open the app you are offered the option to link this application to a toodledo account, I already had one of these, and the link up was simple. A few moments later all my tasks and folders were set up. Clearly if you do not have a Toodle account then the set up process will be longer.
You can set up folders / tags is a tap away and then adding new tasks is a very simple task as well. You are able to add repeating tasks, priorities, status and notes to the tasks (some of these option are not available on other task managers).
The application syncs with Toodledo very well, it do not always seem to syncs when the application is opened, however, you can go a manual sync at any time you wish from the footer tools. This is useful if you have just set up some new tasks. The manual syncing is also needed if you wish to recreate repeating tasks that you have just completed (otherwise they will not appear in your outstanding tasks.)
The user interface is generally very good, starting up a task is good, but I would have like to have seen the day of week on the due date when a date is selected.
We had looked at this software on previous versions and it did have a few issues, which appear to have been ironed out in v1.1.1, so if you have looked before at this application it is worth taking a second look.
On the upside:
- Good user interface.
- Excellent filtering of tasks (Just due today, Starred Tasks, Dates, Folders/Tags and lots more)
- You can switch on toodleTasks in “Just Type” and you can create a task / search tasks straight from there.
On the downside:
- Lacking some preferences – would have liked more syncing options (automatic timing etc) and maybe a task template (defaults you wish a new task to start with.)
- Need to manually sync to recreate the next repeat task (but, understandable to avoid duplicates)
- I am always clicking the box on Task Details on the preview view to complete the task (which does not work), you need to click the tick icon on the footer.
Overall, toodleTasks HD is an excellent task management tool, and even better if you have a Toodledo account set up already (as this is free there is really no reason why not). The application covers all the basics I need from a task management application and syncs to the cloud so I can view the data away from Touchpad too. If you are looking for looking for a task management tool that syncs to the cloud or already have a Toodledo account this application is a must have.
Size: 4.6 MB
Price (at time of review): £3.98