Here are some of the headline that grabbed the attention this week.
- Apple’s 3rd Quarter results – 20 million iPhones, 9.25m iPads and 4m Macs in this quarter alone.
- Apple release Lion, new Mac Book Airs and Mac Minis.
- Apple say 1 million Lion downloads on the first day.
- Apple say China was key to their results.
- Apple stops making plastic MacBooks.
- Two of Apple’s patents infridged by HTC.
- iWorks 9.1 updated for Lion.
- Apple testing over the air updates with the iOS 5 beta.
- Rumour: iPhone 5 coming October 5th.
- Rumour: Is Apple looking to by Hulu in the US?
- Rumour: Apple to offer low-priced iPhone along with iPhone 5.
- Lodsys now going after Atari, EA, Rovio, and Square Enix.
- Sid Meier’s Pirates released for iPad.
In other tech news:
- Amazon launches Kindle textbook rental service for students.
- Google+ now has it own apps.