Pro Baseball Catcher is a catching game released by Neon Play
Upon loading this game I almost felt like I had clicked on one of Neon Play’s other games Pro Tennis Volley ask the menus and the game engine are almost identical. This is not a bad thing, as the Pro Tennis engine was solidly built and playable.
The Pro Baseball game allows you to play a catching game which is like a training exercise for a catcher in the game of baseball, with the pitcher throwing balls at the catcher with you controlling the catchers mitt and having to make sure you catch the balls and not let them go past you.
The game offers a tutorial to get you started and to learn the controls.
The game has four modes available:
- 3 Strikes – Miss a ball and lose a life, all three lives gone and game over.
- Curve Ball – Like 3 Strikes, but all balls are curved.
- Sudden Death – Miss a single ball and it is game over.
- Multi-Ball – 50 balls, non stop catching.
The 3 strike and Curve Ball modes have the odd extra life ball appearing to allow you to regain strikes if you catch the ball.
As the game progresses you score points for each catch, and the pitcher starts to make more difficult throws such as curved balls.
The game is controlled by dragging the mitt with your finger with you trying to get the ball to land in the middle of it.
The graphics are good, with the mitt and baseball ground nicely drawn, and the sound is fair.
On the upside:
- Fun gameplay
- Easy to play, difficult to master.
On the downside:
- Several ads for their other software titles. Not during game play which in the main thing.
- Not much differences in the game mode, just catching balls.
Overall, this is a good game and is fun to play, I found it to be a slightly better app than its sister title. The game still gives the feel of a mini-game rather than a full title. Again this is not a full baseball game, just a catcher practice game, so do not get if you are looking for a full baseball game. If you want a fun catching game, then Pro Baseball Catcher is a good option.
Size: 17.9 MB
Price (at time of review): £0.59