P1XL Party – Retro Minigames! is a group of mini games released by P1XL.
This application is a collection of three mini games: Splatform, Wanderers and Marz. It also promises more to come with Bounced to follow shortly and slots for at least nine titles.
These three games are basically Commodore 64 remakes. I personally owned a C64, but do not recall any of these titles on their original release.
- Splatform – A tilt controlled platform jumping game – 60%
- Wanderers – Enjoyable swipe/tap controlled rescue / rpg game, explore and find the seven missing princesses – 78%
- Marz – Fun little bomber style game, tap the screen to drop the bombs on the city so you can land – 72%
All the game play well, but I preferred changing the control on Wanderer to swipe as they seemed to work a little better.
The graphics and sound are very retro in style, and feel like the Commodore 64.
On the upside:
- Fun Retro action
- Multi Pack
On the downside:
- Wanderers controls could do with a little tweaking
- Not a universal app (yet)
Overall, this is good title, it only has the three mini games at the moment, but with more promised this could become a great title for £0.59. At the moment, it is Wanderers that really sells the application for me and Marz is also enjoyable for casual play. I am looking forward to see what other titles are added.
Size: 6.0 MB
Price (at time of review): £0.59