The Relic is a hack and slash RPG and is released by Clickgamer.com
The game puts you into the shoes of a barbarian warrior who is hunting for the relic.
The idea of the game is to search around dungeons, being given clues by a friendly ghost, and picking up souls and items that will aid you in your journey. On the way you will be attack by hordes of skeletons, spiders and humans.
The game is controlled badly via virtual joystick, an attack button and other action buttons that will appear when items and powers are available.
The graphics are good, but nothing outstanding. The game music is very good, with a music track that you can purchase from iTunes.
The game is universal and runs on both iPad and iPhone.
This game really feels like a beta version, or one that is a few weeks from completion. You can almost believe it had a deadline and they were not going to miss it so released it semi finished.
On the upside:
- Good Music
- Could improve with an update.
On the downside:
- Feels unfinished
- Virtual stick controls are terrible, and will stop working from time to time.
- You are mindlessly swamped be a horde of creatures every time you.
- Items on the floor slowly drift towards you (like gold and potions) and follow you
- Some enemies run away, and you find yourself chasing them round for a minute unable to hit them.
Overall, I was looking forward to this game, hoping it would be a good clone of Dungeon Hunter. I was sadly disappointed. There is nothing here that could not be fixed with a update or two, but it seems strange to me that a software company would sign off the release instead of saying to wait for a few weeks.
Size: 78.4 MB
Price (at time of review): £0.59