Fox in socks is a tongue twisting e-book / audio book and is published by Oceanhouse Media.
The application opens to the message “Take it slowly – This book is dangerous” leading my son to ask the reason why? I then had to explain about tongue twisters to him. After we read the book together he said that the book was not dangerous, but you did have to do the tongue twisters slowly.
The book gives you the options of reading the book yourself, having the read to you (and you control the page turns) or the complete book read to you automatically. The application also adds extra interaction by touching something on the screen the name appears in print and word is spoken.
The story is by Dr.Seuss and is a few tongue twists put together into one book, as you would expect from Dr.Seuss the characters and situations are a little off the wall.
This book is for kids and adults alike.
On the upside:
- Interactive with the book adds to the “re-readability” of the book.
- Universal for iPad and iPhone
- If you love trying tongue twisters
On the downside:
- No page selector to jump into the story to your favorite bit of the book.
- No real story here, only tongue twisters.
- A little expensive for what it is.
Overall, the book is nice and you will find yourself reading it a few times, but I do not think it has the longevity of some of Dr Seuss other titles.
Size: 18.4 MB
Price (at time of review): £2.39